Stock The Cage With Perches & Parrot Accessories To Help Your Bird Feel At Home
4 Tips For Picking a Parrot Perch
- Decide what diameter of parrot perch will fit your birds feet. Your bird should be able to wrap its feet 3/4 of the way around the perch.
- Natural branch perches offer variable diameters that allow your bird to stretch and exercise the muscles and joints in its feet.
- Make sure to offer your bird 3-4 different perch textures at all times like a conditioning perch, wood perches or a rope perch.
- Make sure that the perch is long enough so that your bird has room to stretch its wings out.
4 Tips For Picking Parrot Accessories
- Research your parrots size, i.e., parakeets are extra-small while scarlett macaws are extra large, when picking out parrot accessories.
- Work with a store that you can contact via phone call, text, or email to learn appropriate sizing.
- Stick with brand name parrot accessories because the manufacturers are better about standing behind their products.
- Look for accessories that are easy to clean.